Your home is probably the most expensive, most valuable, and most important asset you will ever own. Next to your family and loved ones, it's the thing most crucial to protect. Ryan and Ryan Insurance offers a variety of comprehensive homeowners insurance policies, all of which can be tailored to suit your individual needs and budget.
We feature Erie's HomeProtector policies which include a full complement of standard features that cover your dwelling, personal property and other structures. The policy also includes liability protection, loss of use coverage, and medical payments to others. Let us show you how to best take advantage of higher deductibles, discounts, and credits to reduce your insurance premiums while maintaining adequate coverage.
Selecting a higher policy deductible and paying for smaller claims yourself can lower your homeowners insurance premium significantly. Your Ryan and Ryan agent will work with you to find the perfect balancing point to once again optimize coverage for cost.
Discounts and Credits
- Multi-policy – By insuring your auto and home with the same company, you will double your savings by receiving a discount on each premium.
- New home – Receive a discount if you live in a new home.
- Alarms – A discount will be applied to your premium if you have smoke detectors installed in your home, a burglar alarm, or fire alarm.
- Sprinkler system credit – If you install and maintain a sprinkler system, you will receive a credit on your homeowners premium.
We offer a variety of otional coverage plans to meet your individual needs which can be added to your homeowners policy by endorsement for a minimal additional premium:
- Expanded endorsement – You can increase the special amounts listed under the personal property coverage section of your policy.
- Enhancement endorsement – This endorsement increases the special amounts to even higher limits and includes these additional benefits:
- Payment for direct loss caused by water or sewage that backs up through sewers or drains.
- Payment up to an additional 10 percent of the amount on dwelling coverage for loss to trees, shrubs, plants and lawns on the residence premises.
- Waiver of deductible shown on the policy declaration page for any loss from covered peril exceeding $50,000.
- Earthquake coverage
- Nurse's professional liability
- Personal computer coverage
- Replacement cost on personal property